The Dad Perspective
Certain people enter your life at certain times for certain reasons. When you uncover those reasons, it's very easy to feel blessed!
I feel blessed to have met Jace Jacobs!
Jace, is a Certified Transformational Nutrition Coach and the Host of the inspirational, fun and eye-opening podcast, The Good Refresh. Elaine and I were honored to have been invited to be one of Jace' first podcast recordings (listen to it here).
More importantly, Jace is an all-around great guy, great father and great friend.
Dads have a very important role in the home, and we need to do whatever we can to stay healthy – physically, emotionally and spitritually.
I've asked Jace to provide you with 3 simple tips (he also talked about one of them here) for Dads to incorporate into their busy days so they can continue to provide for their families, in many more ways than just financially!
This Father's Day, go out and follow Jace' advice. Or, encourage your husband or father to do it. It could be life-changing exercise!
Greet the Sun!
Father's Day is a special time to celebrate those who have helped raise us. It's also a great opportunity for Dad's to prioritize their health so they can be around longer. Below are 3 tips to refresh your health by greeting the morning sun.
- Get outside early to greet the sun with a few minutes of deep breathing each morning. Focus only on your breath as you stand facing the sun. Breathe in and breathe out. Congratulations! You have just experienced a basic Standing Meditation which can clear your mind and prepare you for a great day.
- While you are out there in the sun you can increase your Vitamin D levels by ditching your shirt and soaking up rays. Did you know most people in the United States are low in Vitamin D? A little bit of sun gazing while shirtless each morning can help increase your Vitamin D levels.
- Now let's wrap up your morning refresh in front of the sun by expressing deep gratitude. Not only is it a great way to reduce stress, a healthy practice of gratitude can help you appreciate all the wonderful things you already have in your life.
Happy Father's Day from one father to another,
Jace Jacobs, Host of The Good Refresh Podcast
…discover clarity and abundance in your life so that you can Live Positive, Take Action, and Be Happy.
How often do you greet the sun?
If you're a Dad, you've got enough going on nowadays keeping you busy. Be sure to take time for yourself as well so that you can continue to give back to your family, most importantly in the time and presence that being healthy allows!
Share how you'll “greet the sun” in the comments below.
I am fueled by "Paying It Forward in Health" on this site.My main driver in creating this website, alongside my family, is to share our ongoing family health journey in hopes of encouraging others to have the health epiphany that we have been blessed to experience.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Latest posts by Michael Ortiz (see all)
- Date and Pistachio Bars (Gluten Free, Paleo, No Bake Recipe) - October 9, 2015
- A Healthy Watermelon Drink Recipe That's Also A Party Trick - September 7, 2015
- 5 Top Ways on How To Stay Healthy While On Vacation! - August 25, 2015