Bone Broth in your recipes keeps you Healthy and looking younger!
Making a broth or stock for recipes not only saves you money, gives your recipes that “gourmet cooking” rich-tasting flavor without having to be a master chef… but you also get the most vitamins, nutrients and health benefits by making your own bone broth.
And by health benefits, I mean lose weight, reduce fine lines and wrinkles and help your kid’s not get those nasty colds that go around each year.
As a busy mom making bone broth is one of the best favors you can do for yourself.
Making bone broth stock sounds hard but is really easy, and it’s better than anything you’ll buy in a store.
To top it all off, it cooks itself and it’s essentially free, since you make it out of foods you’re probably throwing away right now.
What is bone broth?
“Bone broth is made by simmering animal bones (usually chicken, turkey or beef) for a long time (8-24 hours) in order to extract maximum flavor and goodness. Bone broth contains considerable health benefits over typical stock or broth”. – Dr. Kellyanne
- Minerals (Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium)
- Amino Acids
The noticeable taste difference is its texture. The collagen and gelatin provides a rich jelly thickness and are the wrinkle fighting fountain of youth properties.
What are the benefits of Bone Broth?
Doctor’s like Dr. Axe will tell you:
- Heal leaky gut
- Overcome foods intolerances and allergies
- Improve joint health
- Reduce cellulite
- Boost immune system
There are so many ways that a bone broth stock can improve your cooking AND your family’s health.
It’s definitely worth having a good supply on hand and in your freezer.
The Bone Broth Diet Doctor’s RX
Here’s one of the best Bone Broth recipes from my friend and The Bone Broth Expert, Dr. Kellyann Petrucci. She’s a mom of boys and is one hot looking lady! I’m so excited to share her recipe from her Bone Broth Diet Cookbook with you!! (I’ll also share my super, super simple recipe at the end.)
How to make Bone Broth
Written by Dr. Kellyann Petrucci
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 10 hr • Yield: 12 servings
- 2 unpeeled carrots, scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, including leafy part, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3½ pounds grass-fed beef bones (preferably joints and knuckles)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Place all the vegetables and the garlic, bones and bay leaves into a slow cooker. Sprinkle on the salt, drizzle with vinegar, and add enough water to cover everything by 1 inch (about 13 cups).
- Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low.
- Use a shallow spoon to carefully skim the film off the top of the broth. Pour the broth through a fine strainer and discard the solids. Taste the broth and add more salt as needed.
- The broth will keep for 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in your freezer.
Don’t you love that it cooks itself?!!
My Super Simple Bone Broth Recipe is the same but I only use the bones, garlic, salt and apple cider vinegar.
That way I have absolutely NO excuses not to make my own bone broth to add wrinkle reducing collagen to my skin from the inside out!
Oh, and of course to boost the whole family’s immune system!!
PLUS, making Bone Broth is a gourmet cooking technique everyone should know – not only to make your dishes taste better but to get healthier at the same time!
Gourmet and HEALTHY cooking techniques?
Want more cooking techniques from my co-contributors of “The Casual Veggie Cookbook“
Here they are:
How to Peel a Hard Boiled Egg, by Parsley and Pumpkins
How to Make a Basic Yogurt Dressing, by Where is my Spoon?
Roasted Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato and Apple soup, by Wholesome and Savory Eats
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.