‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’
But let’s face it, eating an apple a day can get boring! Especially when you’re trying to convince your kids.
That’s why I have this Super Simple, No cook, No bake caramel apple recipe that our 7 year old son created.
Health Benefits of Apples
Apples are fortified with essential vitamins and minerals, and they are an excellent source of fiber. They contain powerful antioxidants which boost immune system and even prevent diseases.
Apples boost endurance too so go ahead try eating an apple before exercising.
Apples are low in calories so when you feel hungry, instead of reaching for that candy bar, munch on an apple and enjoy all the health benefits.
Raw and Organic Caramel Apple Treats
Want to make tasty apple treats in a VERY Healthy Way?
Try this Caramel Apple recipe it’s so easy, even your kids can make it.
Caramel Apple Bites (using Date and Pistachio Bar Recipe)
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 cup pitted and chopped dates
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- In a large food processor, add all ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Press date mixture into a square dish and cover.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and cut into bars.
- Serve cold or at room Temperature.
Caramel Apple Bites:
Sliced Green Apple Wrap pieces of Date and Pistachio Bar around green apple slices (Complete instructions in video below.)
No more runny sugar loaded caramel!
I have had so many caramel apple recipe fails.
Either the caramel is too hard to even try to dip the apple into or it’s too runny that it slides right off the apple.
So, I’m totally relived that our son came up with this recipe combination.
Plus there is no refined sugar like in your typical caramel apple recipe and this recipe can help keep the doctor away!
Will you give these healthy caramel apples a try?
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.