100 Million Pounds!
According to the Haas Avocado Board (yes, there's an avocado board!), avocado consumption for the 2015 Super Bowl weekend is estimated to top 100 million pounds…Holy Guacamole! This is a whopping 30% increase since 2013!
It's fitting that so many avocados are eaten on Super Bowl Weekend, because avocados are actually quite the Super Food!
Why? Because of their high and valuable monounsaturated fat, high fiber and vitamin content. The combination of all of these nutrients will fill you up and keep you from grazing towards the less-than-optimal choices. Click here to read how to tackle your Super Bowl party with 8 easy tips.
Want to make your Super Bowl Super Food the MVP of foods?
Then try this recipe from the New York Times Best Selling Book The Bulletproof Diet by our friend Dave Asprey, founder of the Bulletproof movement. (Click here to read our review on this book.This guacamole recipe, containing MCT Oil, will supercharge the brain boosting and fat burning qualities that will keep you fuller longer and gives you the energy and stamina to crush your Overtime and crush your sugar cravings!
Watch the video where our friend and Celebrity Nutritionist Cynthia Pasquella shares how and why she uses the key super power ingredient in this guacamole recipe.
4 ripe avocados
2 to 4 tablespoons C8 MCT Oil (note: coconut oil is not a good substitute here, since the flavor does not go well with avocados.)
2 teaspoons or more sea salt (to taste)
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 to 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or lime (to taste)
Pinch or ascorbic acid, aka vitamin C powder (optional, prevents browning)
Blend everything with a hand blender until it's very creamy. Stir in chopped cilantro or other herbs of your choice.
This guacamole will not only get you across the goal line, but it's ridiculously delicious!!
Make it. Eat it. And Share it , if you have any left! 🙂
I am fueled by "Paying It Forward in Health" on this site.My main driver in creating this website, alongside my family, is to share our ongoing family health journey in hopes of encouraging others to have the health epiphany that we have been blessed to experience.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Latest posts by Michael Ortiz (see all)
- Date and Pistachio Bars (Gluten Free, Paleo, No Bake Recipe) - October 9, 2015
- A Healthy Watermelon Drink Recipe That's Also A Party Trick - September 7, 2015
- 5 Top Ways on How To Stay Healthy While On Vacation! - August 25, 2015