It’s Family Friday and I have a quick Autumn Treat for you and your family.
A homemade Pumpkin Spice Smoothie you can have for breakfast, snack or as a dessert. Emphasis on dessert if you add all ingredients because even though there is natural sugar in this drink, you still need to make the best choice for you, especially if you are going to follow a low sugar impact diet.
Don’t you just fall for those Pumpkin Spice drinks that places offer because they know that you will likely buy since it will remind you of the start of a new season? A cooler season that kick starts the Holidays? It may still even be 90 degrees where you live but you pine for the cooler weather and holiday spices that come with it.
You want the pumpkin spice whatever so badly! Especially because they’re only available for a LIMITED time.
You should have it…if you want it!
However, try this healthier option for your pumpkin spice drink cravings without buying all of the artificial colors, flavors and loads of sugar:
A REAL Pumpkin Spice beverage
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Chai Spice Protein Powder like this one
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin puree like this one that is organic and in BPA Free packaging
- 1/2 c ice
- 1 banana (omit if you want to cut back on the sugar impact).
- Blend in a blender or Vitamix.
- sprinkle with cinnamon on top.
Enjoy and savor every sip of your pumpkin spice smoothie without the guilt or unhealthy effects on your body.
Get in the spirit of the Fall Season with this drink while you read this and this. While you’re at it, share this recipe with your friends to be a part of the “Pay it Forward in Health” movement to help Families get healthier Fast!
What are some ways that you incorporate healthier pumpkin spice “something” into your Autumn menu? We would love to hear! And in sharing in the comments, you are inspiring other families!
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.