Did you know you can eat Pecan Pie for breakfast while you detox and cleanse your body?
No more feeling deprived or sabotaged by your family because they're eating pie in front of you while you're trying to detox! Now, you can join your kids in eating pie AND you can even have it for breakfast.
And, no you don't even have to turn on the oven or cook to get this breakfast in your soon to be detoxed and flat belly 😉
All you need to do is toss in the ingredients into your blender, Vitamix or high powered blender and let the real food and spices blend into creamy sweetness.
Official Warning! This might be a little too “PERFECT” because my kids and my husband kept sneaking sips from mine.
The good thing is that this gluten free pie is not only yummy but good for your tummy and helps your body detox and cleanse in a safe and natural way.
Detoxing and Cleansing in the morning is a great time because the body follows a natural cycle. Detox smoothies are a delicious way to detox, and this is one of the best detox drinks to add to your daily routine. And yes, you can have it anytime! Especially when your mind is on dessert but you know you need to DETOX.
=>Banana is rich with fiber which is important for cleansing the digestive system because it expands to sweep the intestines clean.The natural sugars also provide a natural energy boost, which we could all use to our busy day.
=>Almond milk is dairy free and gets rid of bloating and inflammation-Zero Belly drink!
=>Cinnamon balances blood sugar levels. Cinnamon has been shown to both reduce fasting blood sugar levels, having a potent anti-diabetic effect and prevents inflammation caused by high levels of blood sugar.
This recipe is practically no sugar since it is sweetened with banana and a date. The date in this healthy “Perfect Pecan Pie Smoothie” recipe sweetens with out the refined sugar that causes inflammation and prevents you from craving more sugar – like processed refined sugar does.
Here's the recipe for 1 Perfect Pecan Pie Smoothie but you can double it for your spouse. You can also omit or swap out the protein powder with collagen so that the kids can eat it too. Whip your family up this Perfect Pecan Pie Smoothie and “Viola” breakfast is done and they won't even know it's healthy 😉
Perfect Pecan Pie Smoothie
- 8oz almond milk
- 4 tbsp TN Protein /protein of choice
- 1/4 cup pecans, soaked 2 hours if you do not have a high powered blender
- 1 frozen banana
- sliced 1 medjool date, pitted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of Celtic Sea Salt to taste
Add all the ingredients to your blender and blend for 30 to 60 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy
Try this pie and let me know what you think! I'd love to hear from you…!
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.