Basic Detox Nutrients is designed for individuals with environmental toxicity. It can be used within a cleansing program or as a stand-alone product for preventive use. Basic Detox Nutrients is a complete multi vitamin-mineral formulation with higher levels of nutrients commonly found to be deficient in those with chemical overload, as well as those nutrients and botanicals that help the body handle the toxic load,* including:
B vitamins: Thiamine (vitamin B1) is essential to restore the body's antioxidant defense – glutathione and lipoic acid.* Thiamine is depleted by chlorinated pesticides and formaldehyde, two ubiquitous toxins. Riboflavin 5′-phosphate (the active form of vitamin B2) helps block free-radical damage by recycling glutathione.* Pyridoxal 5′-phosphate (the active form of vitamin B6) is depleted by many toxic substances, and a vitamin B6 deficiency makes it difficult for the liver to detoxify.*
Other important detox nutrients: Magnesium citrate-malate is a well-absorbed form of magnesium, one of the most commonly deficient nutrients in the chemically toxic individual.* Choline is needed for the production of liver detoxification enzymes, N-acetylcysteine increases glutathione levels in the body, MSM provides sulfur for detoxification reactions, and R-lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant that increases glutathione levels.*
Botanical extracts: Green tea extract has potent antioxidant activity.* Milk thistle has proven ability to increase liver glutathione levels and resist liver cell damage from toxins.* Curcumin extract (from turmeric) protects the liver and has been shown to suppress several common chemical toxins.* Green tea, milk thistle, and curcumin are all provided bound to phosphatidylcholine as phytosomes, Greenselect, Siliphos, and Meriva, respectively. This significantly increases the absorption and bioavailability of these flavonoids. Both broccoli extract and dandelion root also enhance detoxification by the liver.*
I am fueled by "Paying It Forward in Health" on this site.My main driver in creating this website, alongside my family, is to share our ongoing family health journey in hopes of encouraging others to have the health epiphany that we have been blessed to experience.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Latest posts by Michael Ortiz (see all)
- Date and Pistachio Bars (Gluten Free, Paleo, No Bake Recipe) - October 9, 2015
- A Healthy Watermelon Drink Recipe That's Also A Party Trick - September 7, 2015
- 5 Top Ways on How To Stay Healthy While On Vacation! - August 25, 2015