The keystone of every nutritional product line is a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. At Thorne Research, we believe this is the starting point for every individual's supplementation needs and that a multi-vitamin/mineral product should contain all of the essential nutrients. We also believe that by using the purest, most bioavailable raw materials – without adding any unnecessary additives and preservatives – every individual patient's outcome will be optimized.
Why should everyone take a multi-vitamin/mineral nutritional supplement?
Due to the state of the current food supply and because very few Americans eat the recommended five daily servings of health-giving fruits and vegetables, nutrition experts agree that a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement should be taken daily. Even the Journal of the American Medical Association – not usually known as a supporter of dietary supplements – agrees that everyone should be taking a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement (JAMA2002;287:3127-3129). A good multi-vitamin/mineral nutritional supplement could be considered “dietary insurance” and a small price to pay to be certain you are getting all the essential nutrients daily, even when you don't eat right. Even greater health benefits can be realized when you eat a healthy diet in addition to taking a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement.
Basic Nutrients 2/Day, Thorne Research's newest Basic Nutrients formula, provides a comprehensive multi-vitamin/mineral complex. Its key nutritional features includes 2,000 IU of vitamin D3 and 400 mcg of vitamin K (in K1 and K2 forms) per serving, in addition to having mixed tocopherols, bioactive B-vitamins, and amino acid-chelated minerals, including calcium and magnesium – all in a two-capsule-per-day delivery system. Basic Nutrients 2/Day makes it easier to ensure that your patients are getting the foundational nutritional support they need for the day.
Basic Nutrients 2/Day is NSF Certified for Sport.
I am fueled by "Paying It Forward in Health" on this site.My main driver in creating this website, alongside my family, is to share our ongoing family health journey in hopes of encouraging others to have the health epiphany that we have been blessed to experience.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Latest posts by Michael Ortiz (see all)
- Date and Pistachio Bars (Gluten Free, Paleo, No Bake Recipe) - October 9, 2015
- A Healthy Watermelon Drink Recipe That's Also A Party Trick - September 7, 2015
- 5 Top Ways on How To Stay Healthy While On Vacation! - August 25, 2015