Why should everyone take a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement?
Nutrition experts agree that, due to the state of the current food supply and because few Americans eat the recommended five servings daily of health-giving fruits and vegetables, a multiple vitamin-mineral formulation should be taken daily.* Even the Journal of the American Medical Association, not known as a supporter of dietary supplements, has finally agreed that everyone should take a multi. A multi could be considered “dietary insurance,” a small price to pay to be sure you get all the essential nutrients daily, even if you don't eat right.* Even greater health benefits can be realized if you eat a healthy diet in addition to taking a multi.*
Young women have their own unique nutritional needs. That's why we developed Nutri-Fem, a dietary supplement for women of childbearing age.* Nutri-Fem contains optimal amounts of the well-absorbed vitamins and minerals found in our popular Basic Nutrients products – trace minerals as picolinates and our highly bioavailable, patented chromium – UltraChrome.* Providing iron bound to picolinate alleviates the risk of gastric upset or constipation associated with less-absorbable forms of iron.* Studies have shown that calcium supplementation confers long-term benefit to younger women, and Nutri-Fem includes the best-absorbed form of calcium and magnesium – citrate-malate.* Nutri-Fem also contains 1,600 IU of pure vitamin D in a full daily dose to promote bone health.* Studies show that establishing good bone health should begin well before menopause, even in women in the 18-35 year age group. Risk factors for poor bone health in this age group include physical inactivity, low body weight, eating disorders, poor nutrition, and menarche at age 15 or later.
Additional nutrients and botanicals are included to specifically benefit active younger women.* A woman who consumes a healthful diet with adequate folate may reduce her risk of having a child with a birth defect of the brain or spinal cord.* Folate intake should not exceed 250 percent of the government's recommended daily value (1,000 mcg). Nutri-Fem contains 1,000 mcg of the active folates – L-5-MTHF and folinic acid. Wild yam extract is added to optimize hormone balance.*
I am fueled by "Paying It Forward in Health" on this site.My main driver in creating this website, alongside my family, is to share our ongoing family health journey in hopes of encouraging others to have the health epiphany that we have been blessed to experience.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Latest posts by Michael Ortiz (see all)
- Date and Pistachio Bars (Gluten Free, Paleo, No Bake Recipe) - October 9, 2015
- A Healthy Watermelon Drink Recipe That's Also A Party Trick - September 7, 2015
- 5 Top Ways on How To Stay Healthy While On Vacation! - August 25, 2015