While the omega-3 fatty acids have significant health benefits, the omega-6 fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA) offers similar benefits.* Borage oil is a rich source of GLA (higher than evening primrose oil). Omega Plus provides an omega 3:6 ratio designed to provide a healthful balance of these important essential fatty acids.* Because the typical diet contains significantly more omega-6 than omega-3 fatty acids, fish oils make up a greater percentage of the product.
Studies yielding positive benefits from a combination of omega-3 fatty acids and GLA demonstrate benefits for bone health as well as the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.* Studies have found a combination of GLA with EPA and DHA helps maintain already normal LDL:HDL ratios and triglyceride levels.*
Thorne Research provides the highest quality, purest fish oil available – molecular distillation is utilized to ensure removal of cholesterol and contaminants, including PCBs and heavy metals.
I am fueled by "Paying It Forward in Health" on this site.My main driver in creating this website, alongside my family, is to share our ongoing family health journey in hopes of encouraging others to have the health epiphany that we have been blessed to experience.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Latest posts by Michael Ortiz (see all)
- Date and Pistachio Bars (Gluten Free, Paleo, No Bake Recipe) - October 9, 2015
- A Healthy Watermelon Drink Recipe That's Also A Party Trick - September 7, 2015
- 5 Top Ways on How To Stay Healthy While On Vacation! - August 25, 2015