It's like Pumpkin Pie!
Isn't homemade pumpkin pie the best?
What if you could eat a healthy version of it everyday?
Then keep reading so that you can give into your pumpkin pie cravings in a healthy way.
If you're like me, pumpkin pie brings you such good memories of family at Thanksgiving and pumpkin everything cravings start hitting you on October 1st.
And if you're like me, you aren't a pastry chef or Martha Stewart like and all the stars would have to be aligned so that you would actually have the time to attempt to bake a pie.
But if you did bake a pie, you'd just have to lick the batter?… Me too.
Pumpkin is super healthy. But load it up with sugar and it's just not healthy anymore.
So, here's how you can keeping pumpkin healthy and tasty with my Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding Recipe that is a raw and no bake superfood only sweetened with a little bit of honey.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin
Pumpkin is high in fiber, which helps you feel full and promotes digestive health. Pumpkin also great for kids around school fall flu bug time because its' rich in Vitamin A, which is key for healthy vision, proper cell growth and a strong immune system.
Health Benefits of Chia
Chia is a superfood and did you know that chia means “strength” ?
Chia is also an excellent source of fiber that reduces inflammation, lowers cholesterol and regulates bowel function. It's loaded with protein and omega-3 fatty acids. It's also rich in antioxidants that protects the body from free radicals, aging and cancer.
The chia is what really makes this “healthy pumpkin pie” a fat burning recipe that will help you look younger every time the next family Thanksgiving comes around.
What more can we add to it? Oh yeah it's gluten free!
“Healthy Pumpkin Pie” in less than 5 minutes
Create your own home made Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding in 5 minutes or less and invite the kids to help you so that they can lick the batter with you because it's egg free.
Whip up this no cook recipe the night before so you can have a healthy and nutritious breakfast ready for you when you wake up.
And the kids can help themselves to this for snack or even dessert for the next 5 days (if it lasts that long 😉
Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients until smooth.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
And to top it off, you can even add a dollop of whip cream (like coconut whip cream) right on top!
Would you give this “healthy pumpkin pie” a try?
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.