Is your Protein Powder holding you back?
There are so many different protein powders on the market and that is just PREPOSTEROUS!
Trying to get more protein in your diet by using protein powders has just caused mind straining, time straining and money straining PROBLEMS.
You know you need plenty of protein to pack on the muscle as well as plenty of protein to punch off those unwanted pounds. How do you add more protein to your diet to help gain muscle and lose fat?
One of the easiest and fastest ways to pack in your protein is to put protein powder in your breakfast shake. It's quick, it's easy, it's filling and you can drink your breakfast in your car so that you can have more time for beauty sleep and/or more time getting your beauty on in the morning. Remember, you have to get ready each AM to walk your red carpet.
What protein powder do you buy?
Dairy free? Soy free? Sugar Free?
Yes, Yes, and YES.
Like all of our Family for Health tips, we recommend that you try to eat what is closest to it's natural form. Eat what God and nature intended your body to eat and use that real food to feed and satisfy your body so that it can work for you.
Here are 3 types of protein powders we recommend:
1. Hemp Protein Powder
– there is only 1 ingredient: Hemp
And yes, it is very safe for you to eat. There is no THC in hemp protein powder that is found in marijuana. Hemp protein powder is a real food that is safe to eat and is naturally packed with protein.
Hemp is easily digestible. Unlike some of the protein powders on the market that sit heavy in your stomach and are loaded with ingredients your body will strain to digest.
A BONUS is that hemp is also packed with fiber. Fiber is the key to aid with weight loss and helps lower the risk of heart disease and type-2 diabetes. Hemp protein powder is nature's protein filled food made just for you. So give it a try. I will warn you and tell you that it can have a gritty taste that will take some getting used to. But, it's worth the taste adjustment.
2. Hemp Hearts/Seeds
– there is only 1 ingredient: Hemp
Hemp hearts or shelled hemp seeds have the same health benefits as hemp protein powder listed above. But these are the inside of the hemp seed and can be eaten alone as a protein filled snack.
Hemp hearts have a nutty flavor and can be eaten as a snack in place of nuts and seeds, can be sprinkled on top of your food like salads or even veggies and they will create a lusciously thick protein shake. I recommend you start with Hemp hearts in your shake and see if you can graduate to Hemp Protein powder. Your tastebuds will change once you are eating real protein powder and not the traditional sugar loaded protein powders on the market.
Even if the protein powder you have is is low in sugar it is usually packed with sweet ingredients or many unnecessary fillers that will just wreak havoc in your body. And here is the thing…the protein powders on the market may work for you for a little while, but your body will get an overload of having the same thing every morning and you can even build food intolerances to your protein powders which will make you plateau in weight or hold on to that extra fat due to the inflammation that the food intolerances have caused, check out our article discussing this.
The reason why I listed Hemp Protein Hearts as #2 on this list is that clients usually get scared of it's higher fat content. But, remember it's GOOD Fat.
And the BONUS to the natural fat in Hemp Hearts is that it contains the essential fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 6. This balance of Omega 3 and Omega 6 is what you want for an anti-inflammatory diet.
3. Upgraded Collagen Protein
– there is only 1 ingredient: Collagen
Like the other protein sources above, Collagen also helps with weight loss because it helps you feed your hunger and keep you feeling fuller longer. Collagen also helps reduce inflammation in your body and as a BONUS it has tons of other health benefits I list below. You can buy this product here –> Bulletproof Upgraded Collagen Protein.
This Upgraded Collagen Protein is my favorite because you can't really taste it in your shake and it does't change the consistency of your shake. You will need to add fiber to your shake because Collagen does not have that. But, collagen sure has some awesome beauty and health benefits. Our F4HTip for adding fiber to your shakes is to try adding Chia seeds and/or flaxseed.
Read below how Upgraded Collagen is the gold standard for achieving the fastest possible healthy tissue repair, muscle matrix, bone renewal and recovery after exercise! It can boost mental clarity, reduce inflammation, upgrade your skin, and it mixes easily with other foods and shakes thanks to its neutral taste.
9 Benefits of Upgraded Collagen:
- Fast Tissue Repair – Upgraded Collagen provides the particular proteins that ensure cohesion, elasticity and regeneration of skin, cartilage and bone.
- Greater Flexibility and Mobility – Upgraded Collagen makes the main building blocks of connective tissue more bioavailable and better absorbed into joints for greater flexibility and mobility.
- Stronger Bones and Joints – Upgraded Collagen supports strong, heavier, denser bones and is an excellent source of proline and glycine, two building blocks of cartilage that are essential for refueling after exercise and sports.
- Revitalized Skin – Upgraded Collagen promotes skin hydration, reduces the number of fine lines, prevents deeper wrinkles, and maintains the suppleness of your skin from the inside-out.
- Weight Loss – Upgraded Collagen (97% pure protein) helps with weight loss by delivering quick satiation of hunger.
- Build Muscle – Upgraded Collagen supports muscle building by facilitating the synthesis of creatine in the body.
- Reduce Aging – Upgraded Collagen replaces the necessary proteins that diminish and breakdown from aging.
- Deeper Sleep – Upgraded Collagen taken at bedtime deepens sleep, provides arginine to stimulate growth hormone release, and provides nutrients necessary to perform tissue repair while sleeping.
- Brain Function – Upgraded Collagen provides glycine, a neurotransmitter involved in motor and sensory pathways as well as ATP synthesis.
Your Protein Powder Problems have been busted with these 3 natural protein powder options.
Compare these one item ingredient lists with the ingredient list of the current protein powder you are eating in the morning. And try these natural protein powders for 2 weeks and let us know what improvements you notice on your body.
And remember, “variety is the spice of life” and it helps your diet too!
You want to eat nature's food to keep inflammation down so that you can easily add muscle and lose fat. Mix things up with these protein powders. Rotate between the protein powders you add to your shake. Try mixing your shake with half of 2 of the listed protein powders. Mix a little of all 3. And, when you do have time, like on the weekends, cook and eat a real food breakfast with half or more of your plate being veggies!
Continue the Conversation…
Do a favor for two friends or family members that you believe may really appreciate this information and forward them this article either by email, text, or social media. Pay it forward in health and share the knowledge. It could have an impact on changing someone's health around! And of course, comment below if you've tried, or plan to try, Hemp, Hemp Hearts or Collagen as a protein alternative.
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.