Life is like a box of chocolates
My momma always said, “Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.” Forrest Gump from the 1994 movie.
On this Mommy Monday, you are going to know exactly what you are gonna get:
A 100% Superfood Box of Chocolates.
That's MUCH Healthier than the store bought box of chocolates with refined sugar, artificial flavors, soy, ingredients you can't pronounce and more sugar. It actually hurts to read the ingredients list on your fancy mall gourmet box of chocolates.
There are absolutely amazing heirloom chocolate companies that are sourcing high quality and superfood ingredients (like our local friends at Nohmad Chocolate) but they are just a little harder to get your hands on. Especially when you want a quick chocolate fix. 🙂
You can make these in 5 minutes or less and just pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes and you're set.
2 out of three of the ingredients are Superfoods
1. Raw Cacao
Raw Cacao is real chocolate straight from the cacao bean and not the cocoa that's stripped of it's super powers and nutrients. Read your labels and buy the cacao superfood that has fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium and has antioxidant benefits.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil is a superfood that not only helps make this chocolate smooth and melt in your mouth but it is metabolism-boosting. What mommy doesn't want their box of chocolate to help them burn fat? And anti-aging benefits too?!!
The final ingredient is Maple Syrup Grade B. You need a little sweet in your chocolate, so make it a natural one. Grade B Maple Syrup is less processed and richer in minerals like Manganese and zinc than Grade A. And refined and processed sugar has nothing for you.
So, go to it! Make your box of Superfood Chocolates or give a family member this simple recipe and have them make it for you as a Super Treat that you know exactly what you're gonna get when life becomes a little uncertain.
Here's the recipe for you:
Super Quick Chocolate Candy
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Toppings: almonds, gogi berries, walnuts, coconut flakes, or any other item of your choice.
- Melt coconut oil over low heat and stir in cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until a smooth texture.
- Pour liquid into a small candy mold almost to the top.
- Top each mold with topping of choice.
- Place mold in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Note, these will melt in your hands AND in your mouth as they are no additives.
- Makes 6.
Want more delicious, quick and superfood desserts, then be sure to download your copy of our 7-Day Dessert Cookbook and enjoy eating less sugar while still having dessert dessert every night!
Share this recipe with your secret angel, or anyone else that may
need want a super quick chocolate pick-me-up!
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.