This is the pumpkin cookie recipe you MUST have this holiday season.
Whether you want this recipe to arm yourself against the sugar-loaded Halloween holiday, or you want to totally impress your family at the Thanksgiving table… You must have this pumpkin recipe!
Not only is the recipe below, but further down, is a video where Family For Health Kids demonstrate the recipe. You won't want to miss this TRICK & TREAT. If you want to skip straight to it, then click here. (Be sure to comment and share this super trick and treat video!)
This Simple, real food, 3-ingredient Sweet Pumpkin cookie recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and soy-free and has no pumpkin in them at all…TRICK! Yet, it is a TREAT because once you make and share this recipe you will have everyone praising your delicious genius for making a healthy cookie treat!
So take note…all you cleaver mommies, and those of you who are already totally over the pumpkin flavored everything by the first day of Autumn…because this recipe is for you!
Halloween, or any other holiday, doesn't have to be all about the sugar. You can control the amount of sugar that comes into your home and you can inspire what festive holiday memories are made with your family.
This is a simple recipe that I created for your family to help get you into the spirit of Halloween. A recipe without the sugar overload that comes from the artificially flavored and artificially colored cookies, candies and treats that your kids will be getting in their Halloween baskets.
When you eat these nutrient dense, vitamin rich “Sweet Pumpkin Cookies” your tummies will be fuller longer so that you and your kids are not tempted to eat the whole basket of Halloween candy, IF ANY.
Read this article about our last Halloween overdose experience! Trust me…you don't want to experience what I did last year!
The bonus is that this is a simple recipe your kids can help you make. You can bond with them and make life-long memories while you bake together. Wasn't baking cookies with your mom some of your best memories? But, then you were always left upset because she had to restrict the amount of cookies you ate. Good thing you now know that your best memories of baking cookies with your mom was all about the memories of spending time with her baking and not about the sugar!
This Trick and Treat cookie recipe is ONE-OF-A-KIND and will create life-long lasting memories for you and your children!
Can't you hear it already, “My mom Tricked me as we baked healthy sweet potato cookies she called “Sweet Pumpkin Cookies” for Halloween.” Fast Forward to when your child is a grown adult and bragging
What holiday memories do you want to create?
Those centered around sugar that will create blood sugar spiked hyperactive highs that only result in disastrous crashing lows that leave you craving more? Or, would you rather have the REAL life-long memories that keep your body and mind healthy and lead your grown kids to want to “pay it forward in health” and treat their future children to REAL HEALTHY TREATS just like you made with them?
You probably know the answer!
Here is the recipe for our Sweet Pumpkin Cookies
The Everything Free Cookie:
Sugar Free/ Dairy Free/ Gluten Free / Soy Free
Makes 2 dozen mini pumpkin cookies.
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4″ round slices
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil <<– We recommend the coconut oil from Tropical Traditions.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Peel and slice your sweet potatoes into 1/4″ thick round slices. We are in love with this peeler because it makes peeling so easy and effective.
4. Place sweet potato rounds on parchment paper.
5. Drizzle with coconut oil enough to coat them on both sides.
6. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
7. Let sweet potato rounds cool completely.
8. Cut out cookies with mini pumpkin cookie cutter with your kids.
Enjoy as a festive sugar free sweet treat, a festive side dish or a festive snack!
Join the discussion
Share in the comments below what you plan on doing to make this Halloween healthier than last year. Your plan may just be what someone else needs to hear. So…Pay it Forward in Health and comment below!
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.