We all scream for fancy Ice Cream!
It’s National Ice Cream Month, and we still have two more weeks till National Ice Cream Day (third Sunday of July)!
“I scream, you scream we all scream for ice cream” !
Our family loves ice cream but quite frankly, I can't stand the side effects of screaming hyperactive kids or the screaming pain my thighs give after an extra hard work out that I HAVE TO do to just to work off the ice cream. And I especially can't handle the scream my husband lets out when he finds the ice cream carton empty. Ok, it's actually a quiet bummed out scream but it's heard loud and clear!
So, how do you avoid these kinds of screams in your house?
Skip the sugar loaded, dairy filled ice cream with the questionable hard-to-pronounce additives and preservatives that create hyperactivity, bloating and toxins in your body and try a healthy, easy to make but yet fancy ice cream that your whole family will love.
The only screams you'll hear with this recipe are happy screams your family makes and the victory scream you'll do because your family does NOT have to give up eating ice cream (Yippee!!).
And you'll be screaming for joy that you just got your family to eat healthier and there were no complaints!
I'll scream to that! Woo hoo!! Yippee!!!
Here it is for you… on a silver platter and you can put it in a fancy glass too. Because, psychologically putting your food in a fancy glass (like I used a martini glass) makes your food more appealing to your eyes and your mind. This is a Transformational Nutrition psychology strategy that's part of mindful eating, an act of self-care and an expression of love for yourself and your family.
And as Julia Child said, “You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces, just good food from fresh ingredients.”
and I say, put this simple recipe for your homemade ice cream in a fancy glass and VIOLA!
This gluten-free and allergy-friendly recipe, uses only simple, real food ingredients that are healthy for you and your family.
Can homemade ice cream be allergy-friendly and good for you, too? Yeah! and Yay!
Well it’s pretty easy to combine some healthier ingredients to create a similarly creamy and indulgent dessert or treat. My favorite thing about making this homemade ice cream, is it has only a few ingredients and is quick to make and you don't need an ice cream maker.
This fancy custard reminds me of the creamy custard I once waited an hour and a half for at the (new at the time) famous Shake Shake in Madison Square Park, in New York City but without the wait, dairy or sugar! Whoo whoo!
=> Bananas boost energy, are loaded with potassium, help improve digestive health, help boost your mood, are a good source of brain, skin & bone health-boosting mangnanese
=> Cacao promotes blood flow, improves sugar metabolism, and elevates mood due to increased blood flow in brain.
How's that for a double scoop of positive mood boosting and “Healthy” that will make you scream for JOY!
Making ice cream at home with nutrient-dense ingredients and free of dairy, nuts, eggs, soy or refined sugar is surprisingly fast and super easy!
Cacao Banana Custard
- 4 frozen organic bananas
- ¼-1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 4 tbsp organic raw cacao (Navitas Natural)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, grade b
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash of pink Himalayan Sea salt
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in cacao, maple syrup and vanilla extract into the melted coconut oil.
- Upon mixing ingredients, remove pan from heat and continue to stir until a thick consistency is formed. Pour mixture into a parchment paper-lined 8×8 baking dish and place in freezer for 20 minutes. These will make your chocolate chips.
- Mix bananas in Vitamix or high powered blender until creamy (1 minute), add water as needed.
- Break frozen cacao / chocolate chips into small chunks and add to creamed bananas and mix for 15 seconds on medium low.
Ice cream captures the essence of summer. And this recipe is the NEW healthy fancy ice cream your family will be screaming for…!
Make a batch of this healthy fancy ice cream with your family to celebrate National Ice Cream Day today and EVERYDAY if you want to!
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.