Eat “Conversation Hearts” as a family
Of course I am not talking about the ever so popular Valentine Conversation Hearts Candy that are sadly filled with a multitude of artificial colors, artificial flavors, Sugar, and more and more sugars that are disguised by using names of sugar we may not be familiar with like Dextrose and corn syrup.
Here are the “conversation hearts” your family SHOULD be eating!
Strawberries have great health benefits. Strawberries have the highest vitamin C content over any other berry and are great for digestion. They are also high in fiber and high in antioxidants.
Ella and Lucas’ recipe for Mother Nature’s “Conversation Hearts”
- Organic would be best because conventional strawberries are highly sprayed with pesticides and have a thin porous skin that absorbs the pesticides. Need our FREE guide for The Dirty Dozen and Clean 15 to know which fruits and vegetables should definitely be bought organic, then click here >>.
- Cut the top greens in a “V” shape to create the heart
- Cut strawberry in half
- Put a toothpick diagonally through the heart to serve as Cupid’s love arrow.
Time saving & $ saving tip: Eat the rest of your strawberries with the toothpick This will the save time and $ needed for washing forks.
Now, sit as a family and one at a time, pass a heart-shaped strawberry (ie. NATURE’S CANDY), to each family member and tell them what you LOVE about them. Repeat as desired. The more the better!
You are now having a loving family conversation that will create priceless memories of love and bonding. The health bonus (ding, ding!) is that love and bonding increases your oxytocin hormone levels in your bodies. Balanced Hormones = Health and Weight Loss!
Remember to feed your family Mother Nature’s “Conversation Hearts” every year and you will create a Healthy Valentine’s Day Family Tradition!
If this article has you curious, or has helped you in even the smallest way, please “Pay it Forward in Health” and share it with family and friends.
I’m addicted to cooking real foods and shopping locally at Farmer’s Markets.I am a health revolutionary who is writing this blog with a desire to “pay it forward in health”.This desire stems from love and my pursuit to make a difference in people’s health and wellbeing”.
I am a certified Transformational Nutrition Coach that helps women discover their healthy lifestyle that finally works so that they can transform into the healthy sexy and confident woman they want, and are meant to be.
1. Many of the links on this site are affiliate links which means that we get a small commission should you purchase something upon clicking on the link. This has no impact on your cost. For this, I thank you very much for helping us to keep this site free of ads. Of course, we wouldn't recommend anything unless we wholeheartedly believed in it.
2. The statements made here have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure or prevent any disease. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.